Travel Info

How to make a K-ETA travel authorization for tourists coming to Korea on a short term visa ? 

What is a K-ETA ? 

The K-ETA is a new kind of electronic visa that was introduced by the end of 2021, and which is an electronic travel authorization that visa-free eligible foreign tourists need to apply to, before entering Korea. Before the K-ETA, some countries such as France didn’t have to apply for any visa and citizens could come without travel authorization for 90 days maximum. But now it’s different, you need the K-ETA which is very fast and easy to get!

How long is it available ? 


The K-ETA is available during 2 years, so you won’t need to apply again if you want to visit Korea twice or more in a year. But remember, you cannot stay more than 3 months in a row. For example you can go from January to the end of March, then leave the country and come back after for another period of maximum 3 months. And you can do that for 2 years, then you need to apply again. 

How can I apply ?


To apply you need to go to the official website : and click on « Apply for K-ETA ». 

Then you need to select your continent and nationality. After that you have to fill in basic information about you, and you will also need your passport and a picture of you to upload.

In total it takes less than 10 minutes to apply.

The fee is 10,000 won per person, that you directly pay online.

Also, remember that you need to apply at least 24 hours before the day you leave to korea.

How long does it usually take to get an answer ?


Usually you get the answer within few hours, sometime less than an hour. And once you get it you can print it, and make sure to print it twice or three times, just in case.

This is how the final document looks like :

If you want more information you can watch this video from the Korea Immigration office and maybe you will understand it better :



Thanks for reading ! 🙂 


Soukaina from Etourism,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment